1) I’m always reading something, always. Sometimes I take the book with me if I’m nervous or if I don’t know what to expect in a situation, just to hold onto it. I don’t think anyone really understands the way the books I read influence my life and the choices I make.
2) I’m excruciatingly idealistic, and I’m still coming to terms with the ways in which life outside my head doesn’t match up with the way I imagine and perceive it, even though I also refuse to come to terms with it.
3) I am so, so good at imagining things. I used to think that everyone was as good as I was, but I take it to this level that interferes with my day to day life because I’m thinking so much about things that aren’t real. I love it.
4) Any day with a thunderstorm is automatically an excellent day.
5) I want to know everything about the Jazz Age. There are these really great people on Tumblr who love the Jazz Age and I just want to sit around with them and learn everything and drink everything.
6) Beirut is my favourite musical group, and The Rip Tide is my favourite album.
7) I have some pretty radical views on what the world should be like socially with regards to gender roles and relationships and money and government, but I never really get involved in politics or activism because I don’t feel like I can initiate the sort of change I can imagine.
8) I love Art History and art museums better than almost anything else, because recognising paintings is like recognising people you know in the middle of strange places, and that’s always so thrilling.
9) I wish that I could really know what it was like to be someone other than myself. Having only one identity to present to the world is so limiting and I don’t know how to handle it sometimes, especially when I can imagine so many others.
10) I love to sleep during the day. Without fail, no matter how hard I try, I always revert to being nocturnal. My grandpa says I’m afraid of the night, which always makes me laugh, because I like the night actually. I just like to sleep in the day because it makes me feel like I’m burrowing in a tree or something.